Patient misidentification is increasing at alarming rates, risking patient safety, satisfaction, and hospital revenue. Many patients present without ID and with inaccurate or stolen ID cards. To compound this issue, in 2018 the MACRA Act will demand that social security numbers and critical identification information be removed from all Medicare cards. This webinar examines the root causes of patient record errors based on patient misidentification and their impact on patient safety, care efficiency, and the hospital’s bottom line.
Viewers will learn:
- Industry statistics around patient misidentification as it relates to safety and revenue cycle performance
- The causes and consequences of patient misidentification
- Upcoming changes as a result of the MACRA Act
- How to improve patient satisfaction and medical record efficiencies across the continuum of care and through the billing cycle
- Solutions for positive patient identification