What’s at stake? Security, trust and the future of healthcare
In order to compete and win in today’s heightened security environment, care providers need to secure and protect their applications that hold the mother-load of patient information, in real-time. This includes their Electronic Health Records as well as all their supporting cloud-based applications like Salesforce and Office 365.
These are perilous times for healthcare organizations. According to the Ponemon Institute’s Sixth Annual Benchmark Study on Privacy and Security of Healthcare Data, nearly 90% of healthcare organizations have suffered data breaches in the past two years, at the cost of more than $6 billion industry-wide.
Every healthcare organization now faces a large variety of cyberthreats, including:
- Phishing (including spear phishing and clone phishing)
- Crime-ring-sponsored insurance fraud
- IRS tax fraud (perpetrated with stolen employee data)
Watch this on-demand webinar to hear from Mercy Health, the largest non-profit healthcare system in Ohio, describe their efforts in keeping a large healthcare organization’s data safe and secure.
- Headline-making data breaches in healthcare
- The anatomy of healthcare data breaches
- The priorities of security & compliance
- An update on OCR HIPAA Phase 2 Audits
- Vulnerabilities: Why HIPAA is not enough
- Patient Privacy Intelligence