Practical tips for transforming your organization through a cybersecurity strategy
Indiana University Health’s Chief Information Security Officer joins Healthcare Informatics to share his expertise in implementing cybersecurity strategy for two large healthcare organizations.
At IU Health, Mitchell Parker leads a team within Information Services dedicated to protecting the organization's systems and data. IU Health has 15 affiliated hospitals and almost 30,000 employees. Prior to his position at IU Health, Parker served as the Chief Information Security Officer for Tenet Health.
His presentation will include the following topics:
- How to engage with business customers, enterprise architects, legal/contracting/compliance and suppliers to successfully incorporate security projects into larger IT and organizational initiatives
- Delivering security data that engages senior management, your board and your peer stakeholders in a security conversation that helps them understand that security is more than an IT issue
- How to build the support structures and the tools you need to demonstrate organizational and strategic value of the security and compliance team
- Identifying daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly tasks that keep your security and compliance strategy moving forward
- How to ensure you have the right structure in place to implement them